So I don’t know about you, but as soon as September hits, I am officially ready for Fall! I love everything about this season. To me it means cooler weather, changing leaves, beautiful colors, apples, trips to the pumpkin patch and of course all things pumpkin! This recipe is my first original recipe that I created about a year ago! And now that I have a blog, I can share it with you all and not just friends and family.
They are vegan, come together quickly and taste delicious! The perfect food for any Fall gathering or just to snack on with the family.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
dairy free, egg free, vegan
Yields: 12-14 regular sized muffins
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Almond Milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
2 tablespoons Flax Meal
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4-1 cup vegan chocolate chips
raw turbinado sugar, optional for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Grease muffin tin and set aside
3. In small cup or bowl, beat together milk and flax meal, set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients.
5. In a medium bowl, add pumpkin, melted coconut oil, vanilla and sugar. Add in milk/ flax mixture and mix well with a fork.
6. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix as this will cause the muffins to be dense and chewy. We want soft, fluffy muffins!! The batter won’t be runny. If it seems too thick, add a splash or two of milk.
7. Fold in chocolate chips.
8. Spoon batter into tin, filling each 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle tops with raw sugar, if using. Bake for 18-21 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in muffin tin, then ENJOY!!!
- For mini muffins cook 11-13 minutes.