I have struggled with my weight and overall health and wellness pretty much all my teen and adult life. This struggle has gotten harder since having kids and although I have been
steadily slowly losing weight over the last year, I know I need to kick myself into gear. I took it as a sign when I was looking through some blogs I follow and saw that Valerie at Atlanta Mom of Three was starting a Health and Fitness Challenge for the month of May. She challenged her readers to do this along with her so I figured I would join in! Also, if any of you would like to join in, just leave a comment each week on my weekly update posts on your progress as well.
How it works
The challenge will run the entire month of May. I have decided on some health and fitness goals for myself for this month that I will reach and follow. At the end of each week, I will post an update here on my blog on how I did. Simple as that! You all will be my accountability and support team 😉
Here are my goals:
- Do 1 1/2 miles on our elliptical machine every other day- I hate working out and we have the elliptical that has been acting as a playground for the boys.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day- This will include water kefir and naturally flavored waters which I will do posts on during the month!
- Drink a smoothie a day- I have been totally slacking on drinking my daily smoothie. Time to get back into it.
- Lose 5 lbs- Still have that dress I bought for my brother’s wedding I need to fit in by July!
- Cut out soda COMPLETELY! – I don’t drink a ton but I do love my soda every once in a while. Time to finally kick it to the curb!
Let’s do this!!!